This Gurney’s Montauk venue guide will explore this iconic luxury resort located in the charming town of Montauk, New York.
Originally built in 1926, Gurney’s started out as a small inn before expanding into the grand property it is today. Over the years, the resort has hosted numerous celebrities and dignitaries, including Grace Kelly, Paul Newman, and Frank Sinatra. In the 1980s, the resort was purchased by the Monte family, who invested millions in renovations and expansions.
Today, Gurney’s Montauk is considered one of the premier resorts on the East Coast, offering world-class amenities and stunning ocean views.
About Gurney’s Montauk weddings
Gurney’s Montauk is one of the most beautiful places on Long Island for a wedding. Its crazy gorgeous views of the Atlantic Ocean and the Montauk lighthouse make it an ideal location for couples looking for a romantic and picturesque backdrop for their special day.
The outdoor spaces at Gurney’s Montauk are especially noteworthy, with breathtaking ocean views that stretch as far as the eye can see. The beach is a perfect location for wedding portraits and the ceremony. The beaches in the Hamptons are known for their beauty, and Gurney’s especially delivers.
The interior spaces of Gurney’s Montauk are just as impressive, with an elegant and sophisticated design that perfectly complements the natural beauty of the surrounding landscape. The ballroom is spacious and airy, with floor-to-ceiling windows that let in plenty of natural light and offer stunning ocean views. The decor is chic and modern, with neutral colors and luxurious finishes that create an atmosphere of understated elegance.
As a wedding photographer, I love shooting at Gurney’s Montauk because of its unique combination of natural beauty and sophisticated style. The outdoor spaces are perfect for capturing candid moments and creating beautiful portraits, while the interior spaces offer a variety of interesting backdrops and lighting options for more posed shots.
One of the things that makes Gurney’s Montauk such a great wedding venue is its versatility. Whether you want a relaxed beach wedding or a more formal affair, this venue can accommodate your needs. The staff is highly professional and attentive, ensuring that every detail is taken care of so that you can focus on enjoying your special day.
Overall, I highly recommend Gurney’s Montauk as a wedding venue for couples looking for a beautiful, unique location that combines natural beauty and elegant design. As a wedding photographer, I am confident I can capture the magic of your wedding day in this stunning location as I’ve done for clients in the past.
Photo locations at Gurney’s Montauk
If you’re looking for locations to take your wedding day photos at Gurney’s, here are my top five favorite locations:
- The Beach: The beach at Gurney’s Montauk is beautiful because of its pristine sand, crystal clear water, and breathtaking panoramic views of the Atlantic Ocean. The beach is surrounded by dunes and natural vegetation, providing a secluded and intimate setting for couples to take peaceful, uninterrupted wedding photos.
- The Lighthouse: Located just a short distance from Gurney’s Montauk, the Montauk Lighthouse is a historic landmark that offers a picturesque setting for photos. The lighthouse itself is an impressive structure, and the surrounding landscape provides a rustic, natural feel.
- The Gardens: Gurney’s Montauk has beautiful gardens that are perfect for taking photos. The well-manicured lawns and natural vegetation create a peaceful and romantic private setting for couples’ photo sessions.
- The Pool: Gurney’s Montauk has a beautiful pool area that provides a luxurious backdrop for wedding photos. The sparkling blue water, white lounge chairs, and lush greenery create a sophisticated and elegant atmosphere.
- The Decks: Gurney’s Montauk has wonderful decks that run the property’s length and offer spectacular views of the ocean and the surrounding landscape. This location provides a unique and memorable backdrop for wedding photos, with the sun setting behind you and the ocean stretching out before you.
Additional photo locations near Gurney’s Montauk
You may want to leave their Gurney’s to take photos elsewhere for several reasons.
One reason is that the venue may not offer the specific scenery or backdrop you desire for your photos. While it’s beautiful there, you might be looking for something besides the beach and the hotel grounds.
Additionally, you may want to capture photos in a location that holds sentimental value to you or has a unique aesthetic that you find appealing. Taking photos off-site also allows for a change of scenery and variety in your wedding album.
Here is a list of my favorite locations within driving distance of Gurney’s for additional wedding day photos:
- Montauk Lighthouse – A historic lighthouse overlooking the Atlantic Ocean. It’s a popular spot for romantic sunset photos.
- Ditch Plains Beach – Known for its great surfing, it is also a beautiful spot for photos, with large rock formations and crashing waves.
- Shadmoor State Park – A scenic park with panoramic views of the Atlantic Ocean and a picturesque hiking trail.
- Hither Hills State Park – A beautiful beach with stunning dunes and views of the ocean.
- Gosman’s Dock – A popular fishing and boating destination with a picturesque marina.
- Fort Pond Bay Beach – A quiet, secluded beach with beautiful views of the bay and surrounding nature.
- Navy Beach – A trendy beach bar and restaurant with a stunning sunset view over Fort Pond Bay.
- Camp Hero State Park – A historic military installation turned state park, featuring rugged terrain and stunning ocean views.
- East Hampton Main Beach – A picturesque beach with soft sand and crystal-clear water, perfect for dreamy, romantic photos.
- Old Montauk Highway – A scenic drive that offers beautiful ocean views and makes for a great backdrop for photos.
- Montauk Downs State Park – A beautifully landscaped park with a golf course, tennis courts, and a swimming pool.
- Oyster Pond – A serene pond surrounded by lush greenery, perfect for intimate and peaceful photos.
- Lazy Point is a quiet and secluded beach offering stunning sunset views over Gardiner’s Bay.
- Cedar Point County Park – A scenic park that features a sandy beach and beautiful views of Gardiner’s Bay.
- Lake Montauk – A peaceful lake surrounded by greenery and wildlife, perfect for a tranquil photo session.
- Montauk Point State Park – A beautiful park with stunning ocean views and a historic lighthouse.
- Duryea’s Lobster Deck – A popular seafood restaurant with a beautiful view of the ocean and the Montauk Lighthouse.
- Surf Lodge – A trendy beachfront hotel with stunning views of Fort Pond and beautiful sunset views.
- Sag Harbor – A charming and historic village with beautiful views of the harbor and picturesque streets.
- East Hampton Village – A charming and quaint village with beautiful historic homes and gardens.
- Sagaponack Beach – A secluded beach with stunning ocean views and beautiful dunes.
- Amagansett Main Beach – A beautiful beach with picturesque dunes and stunning ocean views.
- Sagg Main Beach – A popular beach with beautiful sand dunes and stunning ocean views.
- Wölffer Estate Vineyard – A beautiful winery with picturesque vineyards and rolling hills views, perfect for romantic photos.
Montauk weddings are simply unparalleled with the beautiful coastline, stunning sunsets, and breathtaking views. And Gurney’s Montauk Resort & Seawater Spa is the perfect venue to capture those moments that will last a lifetime.
With its luxurious amenities, breathtaking views, and top-notch service, Gurney’s is the perfect venue for couples to tie the knot. It’s my favorite venue in all of Montauk for this reason!
As a wedding photographer, I am passionate about capturing the beauty and essence of each wedding, and Gurney’s Montauk Resort & Seawater Spa provides the perfect backdrop for me to create stunning and memorable images. With my experience and expertise, I will ensure that your wedding day memories will be captured and cherished forever.