This Bridgehampton Tennis and Surf Club wedding guide is here to tell you everything about one of my favorite venues with the best staff and prettiest views around!
About the Bridgehampton Tennis and Surf Club
The Bridgehampton Tennis and Surf Club has a rich history dating back to the early 1900s. Originally founded as a private club in 1927, it was built on the site of a former dairy farm in Bridgehampton, a small hamlet on the eastern end of Long Island. The club quickly became a popular destination for wealthy New Yorkers looking to escape the city and spend their summers by the ocean.
The club’s main draw was its tennis facilities, which boasted several clay courts and a pro shop. Tennis greats such as Bill Tilden and Rene Lacoste were known to frequent the club during its early years. In addition to tennis, the club also offered a range of other recreational activities, including swimming, boating, and fishing.
Over the years, the club underwent several changes in ownership and management. In the 1950s, the club was purchased by a group of investors who transformed it into a beach club, adding a restaurant, bar, and oceanfront deck. The club remained a popular social spot for the Hamptons elite throughout the latter half of the 20th century.
In the early 2000s, the Bridgehampton Tennis and Surf Club underwent a major renovation and expansion. The existing club was completely gutted and rebuilt, with a focus on preserving its historic character and charm. The club’s iconic shingle-style architecture was maintained, and the interior was updated with modern amenities and luxurious finishes.
Today, the Bridgehampton Tennis and Surf Club is one of the most sought-after event venues in the Hamptons. It continues to attract discerning clientele, including celebrities, socialites, and business leaders, who flock to the club for its stunning oceanfront setting, impeccable service, and rich history.
The architecture of the Bridgehampton Tennis and Surf Club
The architecture of the Bridgehampton Tennis and Surf Club is an iconic example of the shingle style, which was popularized in the late 19th century and became synonymous with the Hamptons. The club’s exterior features a distinctive blend of shingles, cedar shakes, and clapboard siding, with intricate gables, dormers, and porches. The building’s symmetrical design and grand scale evoke a sense of elegance and luxury, while its use of natural materials and earthy tones creates a warm and welcoming atmosphere.
Inside, the club’s architecture is equally impressive. The main hall features soaring ceilings, exposed wooden beams, and a massive stone fireplace, creating a grand yet cozy ambiance. The dining room and bar area are similarly impressive, with high ceilings, large windows overlooking the ocean, and elegant furnishings.
Throughout the club, the architecture seamlessly blends traditional elements with modern amenities, creating a space that is both historic and contemporary. The club’s recent renovation and expansion have added state-of-the-art facilities, including a new commercial kitchen, a modern HVAC system, and upgraded electrical and plumbing systems. Despite these modern upgrades, the club’s historic character and charm have been carefully preserved, making it one of the most iconic and beloved event venues in the Hamptons.
The beach at the BTSC
The beach at the Bridgehampton Tennis and Surf Club is a beautiful and exclusive stretch of sand, bordered by the Atlantic Ocean on one side and the lush greenery of the Hamptons on the other. The beach is only accessible to members and their guests (or wedding clients!), ensuring a serene and private atmosphere.
This beach itself is pristine and unspoiled, with powdery white sand and crystal clear waters that invite visitors to swim, sunbathe, and relax. The club provides beach chairs, umbrellas, and towels to its members and guests, making it easy to settle in and enjoy the beautiful surroundings.
One of the most stunning features of the beach is the picturesque dunes that line the shore, which are not only beautiful to look at but also provide important protection for the fragile coastal ecosystem. The dunes are home to a variety of native plant and animal species, including beach grass, shorebirds, and even the endangered piping plover.
Getting married at the BTSC
The Bridgehampton Tennis and Surf Club offers a variety of picturesque locations for wedding ceremonies and receptions. One popular option is the oceanfront lawn, which provides stunning views of the Atlantic Ocean as a backdrop for your ceremony. This location is perfect for couples who want a beach wedding but still want to have some grass under their feet.
Another option is the Beach Pavilion, which is a covered outdoor space that is perfect for ceremonies in case of inclement weather. The Pavilion is located just steps from the beach, so you can still enjoy the stunning views and fresh ocean air while remaining protected from the elements.
For those who prefer a more traditional setting, the Clubhouse also offers several elegant indoor spaces that can be used for ceremonies. The Grand Ballroom, for example, features a beautiful fireplace and stunning views of the beach, making it a perfect choice for a romantic winter wedding.
Getting ready for your BTSC wedding
Most of my clients opt to get ready nearby and commute to the BTSC for their photos, ceremony, and reception.
Here are some of my favorite nearby hotels:
- Topping Rose House – This luxurious hotel features beautifully appointed rooms and a picturesque setting in the heart of Bridgehampton.
- The Maidstone Hotel – A historic hotel with a modern flair, the Maidstone features unique decor and stunning gardens perfect for a peaceful stay.
- Baron’s Cove – Located in Sag Harbor, this waterfront hotel offers breathtaking views of the harbor and easy access to shopping and dining.
- The Baker House 1650 – A charming bed and breakfast with cozy rooms and beautiful gardens, perfect for a romantic weekend away.
- The American Hotel – An iconic hotel with a rich history, the American Hotel offers elegant accommodations and exceptional dining.
- The Bridgehampton Inn & Restaurant – This charming inn features elegant rooms and a highly acclaimed restaurant, all set in a beautiful historic building.
- White Fences Inn – A luxurious bed and breakfast with beautiful decor and stunning gardens, perfect for a relaxing getaway.
- Southampton Inn – This classic hotel offers beautifully appointed rooms and a convenient location just a short drive from Bridgehampton.
- The Montauk Beach House – A chic hotel with a laid-back vibe, the Montauk Beach House offers stylish rooms and a beautiful pool area.
- Gurney’s Montauk Resort & Seawater Spa – A luxurious beachfront hotel with stunning ocean views and a world-class spa.
- The Hedges Inn – An elegant bed and breakfast with beautifully appointed rooms and a serene garden setting.
- The 1770 House – A historic inn with elegant decor and a highly acclaimed restaurant, perfect for a romantic getaway.
- Southampton Long Island Hotel – This modern hotel offers spacious rooms and a convenient location just minutes from Bridgehampton.
- Sole East Resort – A stylish hotel with a laid-back vibe and beautiful pool area, perfect for a relaxing vacation.
- The Roundtree, Amagansett – A chic hotel with a cozy, bohemian vibe and beautiful gardens.
- Tidewater Inn – This charming inn features cozy rooms and a convenient location just a short drive from Bridgehampton.
- East Hampton Art House Bed & Breakfast – A unique bed and breakfast with stylish decor and a beautiful garden setting.
- Ocean Dunes at Amagansett – A peaceful retreat with beautifully appointed rooms and stunning ocean views.
- The Surf Lodge – A trendy hotel with a beachy vibe and beautiful sunset views over the water.
- Aqualina Inn Montauk – A modern hotel with a sleek design and a beautiful pool area, perfect for a chic beach getaway.
Photo locations near Bridgehampton
Bridgehampton is INSANELY beautiful.
Bridgehampton is a charming village located in the Town of Southampton, in Suffolk County, New York. It is situated on the South Fork of Long Island, approximately 100 miles from New York City. The village is known for its picturesque beaches, historic sites, stunning vineyards, and affluent community. It has a small-town feel with a quaint downtown area lined with locally-owned shops and restaurants. The community is also home to a number of high-end boutiques and designer stores, as well as art galleries and cultural institutions. The area is known for its horse farms and equestrian events, and the Hampton Classic Horse Show is held annually in Bridgehampton. The village is a popular summer destination for New Yorkers, but it also boasts a year-round population with a strong sense of community.
That said, it’s also just crazy gorgeous with a ton of photo locations. If you want to visit other Hamptons locations besides the BTSC for your wedding day photos I’d love to suggest the following:
- Bridgehampton Beach: With its pristine white sands and crystal-clear waters, Bridgehampton Beach is a must-visit location for any beach lover.
- Mecox Bay: The picturesque Mecox Bay is a great spot for sunset photos with its vibrant pink and orange hues reflecting off the water.
- Wolffer Estate Vineyard: With its rolling vineyards and stunning views, Wolffer Estate Vineyard offers a perfect backdrop for photos of couples enjoying a glass of wine.
- Bridge Gardens: This hidden gem is a beautiful botanical garden with blooming flowers and tranquil ponds, perfect for a peaceful nature photoshoot.
- Channing Daughters Winery: Nestled in the heart of Bridgehampton, Channing Daughters Winery boasts a charming rustic landscape with breathtaking views of the vineyard.
- Sagaponack Beach: Another stunning beach location, Sagaponack Beach offers a more secluded and quiet environment, making it ideal for intimate photoshoots.
- Atlantic Golf Club: This scenic golf course features a lush green landscape and stunning ocean views, offering a unique photo opportunity.
- Sagg Main Beach: Sagg Main Beach is another popular beach location with wide stretches of sand and dunes, providing a great backdrop for photos of couples walking hand in hand.
- Long Pond Greenbelt: A natural oasis located in the heart of the Hamptons, Long Pond Greenbelt is a great location for nature enthusiasts looking for a scenic photoshoot.
- Watermill Center: A creative space for the arts, Watermill Center’s unique architecture and natural surroundings offer a one-of-a-kind location for artistic and edgy photoshoots.
- Parrish Art Museum: With its modern architecture and contemporary art installations, Parrish Art Museum provides a unique backdrop for modern and edgy photo shoots.
- Sag Harbor Whaling Museum: This historic museum showcases Sag Harbor’s rich whaling history and provides a unique background for vintage and historic-themed photoshoots.
- Sag Harbor Village: The quaint and charming village of Sag Harbor boasts cobblestone streets and historic architecture, perfect for vintage and romantic photos.
- Montauk Lighthouse: The oldest lighthouse in New York State, Montauk Lighthouse is a beautiful and historic landmark, providing a unique photo opportunity.
- Mashomack Preserve: Located on Shelter Island, Mashomack Preserve is a natural reserve with diverse wildlife and stunning views of the shoreline.
- Cedar Point County Park: With its stunning views of Gardiner’s Bay, Cedar Point County Park is a beautiful location for beach and nature photoshoots.
- Ditch Plains Beach: A popular surfing spot, Ditch Plains Beach features rugged cliffs and beautiful beach scenery, making it a great location for adventurous and scenic photoshoots.
- Sunset Beach: A beautiful location for a beach wedding, Sunset Beach features white sands and stunning views of the sunset over the water.
- Maidstone Park: A serene park with beautiful waterfront views, Maidstone Park is a great location for photoshoots with a peaceful and calming atmosphere.
- East Hampton Village: The charming village of East Hampton boasts historic architecture, cobblestone streets, and beautiful gardens, providing a beautiful backdrop for photoshoots.
- The Mill House Inn: A beautiful bed and breakfast in East Hampton, The Mill House Inn features beautiful gardens and luxurious interiors, providing a perfect setting for romantic and intimate photos.
- Gurney’s Montauk Resort & Seawater Spa: With its stunning ocean views and beachfront location, Gurney’s Montauk Resort & Seawater Spa provides a luxurious and scenic location for photoshoots.
Photo locations at the Bridgehampton Tennis and Surf Club
Since you’re getting married at the BTSC, obviously you’d want to do many of your wedding day photos there!
Here are some photo locations at the Bridgehampton Tennis and Surf Club and why they’re beautiful:
- Beachfront – The beachfront at the Bridgehampton Tennis and Surf Club offers breathtaking views of the ocean and the surrounding dunes, making it a perfect location for romantic and dramatic beach portraits.
- Tennis courts – The well-maintained tennis courts provide a unique backdrop for photos with a touch of vintage elegance.
- Clubhouse – The Bridgehampton Tennis and Surf Club’s historic clubhouse is a stunning location for classic and timeless wedding portraits. It’s also a great spot for family and group photos.
- Poolside – The luxurious poolside area with its elegant cabanas and lush landscaping provides a beautiful backdrop for glamorous and sophisticated photos. It’s a favorite of mine for wedding party photos.
- Garden – The beautiful garden area with its blooming flowers and greenery is so beautiful, a great contrast to the beach for your images.
As a photographer, my goal is to capture the essence of my client’s wedding days in a way that illuminates their story. Hopefully this Bridgehampton Tennis and Surf Club wedding guide illustrates at the BTSC is an excellent location for weddings, and I would love the opportunity to capture every moment of your day there. With years of experience photographing weddings, I know how to work with any lighting situation to ensure that your photos are beautiful and timeless. Whether you’re exchanging vows on the beach or dancing the night away in the ballroom, I will be there to capture every detail and every emotion. Trust me to create images that will allow you to relive your wedding day for years to come.