Built in the 1850s on Pier 41 in the historic shipping yards of Red Hook in Brooklyn rests The Liberty Warehouse at 260 Conover St, Brooklyn, NY 11231. Recently renovated, it has quickly become one of the hottest places to get married in New York.
If you’re from the area then you know that Brooklyn generally has a non-traditional style; a way of doing things on its terms, showcasing its personality. This sentiment is one that The Liberty Warehouse embraces and couples the couples who love this venue appreciate it.
Ceremonies are often held on the expansive brick promenade at the water’s edge which boasts views of New York City and the Statue of Liberty. It is the only location in all of New York where guests have a view of Lady Liberty forward-facing as she looks toward France. An evening wedding means that Lady Liberty looks on while lit up and panoramic views of the New York skyline at night: it’s just a fantastic view.
The Liberty Warehouse offers two spaces for hosting your events, both of which possess a clean, open design. The Harbor Room, located on the ground floor, features the original wood beams and exposed brick from the pre-Civil War era of when it was built.
I love the abundant amount of ambient light from the picture windows during the day, as well as the uplighting which warms the room for evening events. Add to all of this, outstanding service and four cozy wood-burning, brick fireplaces and you have the perfect mix of rustic and romantic which makes for fantastic photographic opportunities.
On the second floor is the Governor’s Room, with its open layout of brick and columns offers a modern and clean look with a touch of industrial chic. Couples can showcase their personalities through unique design and décor in a space that opens up to a patio.
More intimate gatherings and cocktails hours are often enjoyed in the Bridge Room, which has amazing views of New York Harbor and the Verrazano Bridge complete with a small balcony and a wood-burning fireplace.
From the industrial chic of the historic brickwork to the large barn door-style arched doorways, coupled with lush greens and stunning views, The Liberty Warehouse is a photographer’s playground allowing me to be creative in a space filled with unique backdrops and wonderful lighting.
This unique slice of industrial wedding glam provides couples with the ability to transform this raw canvas into the wedding location of their dreams while also giving their guests a once-in-a-lifetime view of one of America’s places of pride.
Locations near Liberty Warehouse for wedding day photos
It’s obvious the best place to take wedding day photos at Liberty Warehouse: at the warehouse itself! The interiors are fantastic, the waterfront views outside are unparalleled, and the landscaping around the venue has really elevated itself in the past years. There is simply no need to leave the property…but that doesn’t mean we can’t!
If you want to go elsewhere in Red Hook for some wedding photos, here is a list of locations that I love:
- Louis Valentino Jr. Park and Pier: Located at Ferris St, Brooklyn, NY 11231, this park offers stunning views of the harbor and the Statue of Liberty. The park is great for capturing panoramic shots with the city skyline in the background.
- Pioneer Works: Located at 159 Pioneer St, Brooklyn, NY 11231, this art center features unique industrial architecture with plenty of open spaces and natural light. It’s great for capturing edgy, urban shots.
- Brooklyn Crab: Located at 24 Reed St, Brooklyn, NY 11231, this seafood restaurant and bar offers picturesque views of the harbor and a large outdoor space with colorful decor that’s perfect for fun, vibrant shots.
- Red Hook Grain Terminal: Located at 1 Beard St, Brooklyn, NY 11231, this abandoned industrial building has a unique and rustic charm with an impressive, towering structure that can make for dramatic shots.
- Red Hook Winery: Located at 175 Van Dyke St, Brooklyn, NY 11231, this urban winery features a stylish, modern design and sweeping views of the harbor. It’s great for capturing intimate and romantic moments.
- Van Brunt Street: This street, located in the heart of Red Hook, is lined with historic brick buildings, colorful storefronts, and street art. It’s perfect for capturing the vibrant energy of the neighborhood.
- Erie Basin Park: Located at Coffey St, Brooklyn, NY 11231, this waterfront park offers stunning views of the harbor and the Statue of Liberty. It also features a vintage barge and industrial artifacts that can add character to shots.
- Hometown Bar-B-Que: Located at 454 Van Brunt St, Brooklyn, NY 11231, this popular BBQ joint has a rustic, laid-back atmosphere with exposed brick walls, wooden floors, and plenty of natural light. It’s great for capturing candid moments and casual vibes.
- Summit Street Park: Located at Summit St, Brooklyn, NY 11231, this small park offers a quiet and serene escape from the bustling neighborhood. It features a beautiful fountain and a small garden that can add a touch of elegance to shots.
- Widow Jane Mine: Located at 445 Columbia St, Brooklyn, NY 11231, this historic limestone mine has a unique and mysterious atmosphere with dramatic lighting and shadow play. It’s great for capturing moody and dramatic shots.
- Red Hook Community Farm: Located at 580 Columbia St, Brooklyn, NY 11231, this urban farm offers a charming and rustic backdrop with rows of crops, garden beds, and farm animals. It’s great for capturing natural and organic moments.
- Fairway Market: Located at 480-500 Van Brunt St, Brooklyn, NY 11231, this grocery store offers a colorful and eclectic interior with a vintage touch. It’s great for capturing playful and quirky shots.
- Valentino Pier: Located at Coffey St, Brooklyn, NY 11231, this pier offers stunning views of the harbor and the Statue of Liberty. It’s great for capturing romantic and intimate moments.
- Red Hook Park: Located at 155 Bay St, Brooklyn, NY 11231, this park offers a large and diverse landscape with sports fields, playgrounds, and a waterfront promenade. It’s great for capturing a variety of outdoor shots in one location.
As a wedding photographer, I have extensive experience working at the Liberty Warehouse in Brooklyn and have a deep understanding of the venue’s unique aesthetic and lighting.
With my keen eye for capturing natural moments and my ability to work quickly and efficiently, I am confident in my ability to document every special moment of your wedding!