The Roundhouse in Beacon, New York, has a storied past that lends timeless elegance to any wedding celebration. This The Roundhouse wedding venue guide will illustrate that past and detail why it compliments modern-day weddings so beautifully.
About the Roundhouse
Originally constructed as a factory in the early 19th century, the building has been carefully restored and transformed into a stunning event space. It retains many historic features. The venue’s industrial-chic design creates a uniquely modern and classical atmosphere.
Beacon, a charming town nestled in the heart of the Hudson Valley, is known for its rich history, picturesque scenery, and vibrant arts scene. The town has undergone a Renaissance in recent years, transforming into a popular destination for those seeking a blend of culture, nature, and history.
The Roundhouse offers a variety of charming spaces for every aspect of your wedding day. With a dedicated getting-ready suite, couples can prepare for their day in comfort and style. The ceremony can be held in the light-filled Waterfall Room, where floor-to-ceiling windows showcase the venue’s namesake waterfall. For cocktail hour, guests can mingle in the Wheel Room, which features an original wheel from the building’s industrial past. Receptions are held in the stunning Roundhouse Room, a spacious and versatile space that can be tailored to suit your unique vision.
I love that each space has a completely unique vibe, something not all wedding venues can claim!
Popular wedding photo locations at the Roundhouse include:
- The Waterfall: A breathtaking backdrop for your photos, featuring cascading water and lush greenery. It’s a wonderful nook, an oasis off the busy streets of Beacon. I love the multiple ways the waterfall can be incorporated into photos. It’s also an excellent location for a first look.
- The Wheel Room: A charming space that showcases the building’s industrial history with its exposed brick walls and original wheels. This is an excellent spot for wedding parties and family group photos.
- The Roundhouse Room: A versatile and elegant room that can be customized to accommodate a variety of wedding styles and themes. This is also an excellent spot for wedding party and family group photos.
- The Outdoor Patio: An inviting space overlooking the waterfall, perfect for a more intimate ceremony or a relaxed cocktail hour. It’s also my favorite place to take family photos. If you face away from the ceremony site, it’s a GREAT spot for sunset images.
- The Getting-Ready Suite: A private and comfortable space for couples to prepare for their day, complete with ample seating and natural light. It’s a wonderful location for first looks as well.
If you want to leave the Roundhouse area for additional photos, nearby locations include:
- Dia: Beacon (3 Beekman St, Beacon, NY 12508) – Less than a 5-minute drive: A contemporary art museum housed in a former factory featuring large-scale installations and works by renowned artists.
- Mount Beacon (788 Wolcott Ave, Beacon, NY 12508) – Approximately a 10-minute drive: A popular hiking destination offering breathtaking views of the Hudson Valley from its summit.
- Bannerman Castle (Pollepel Island, Beacon, NY 12508) – Approximately a 20-minute drive: A historic island estate featuring Scottish-style castle remnants and guided tours.
- Hudson Highlands State Park (3011 NY-9D, Cold Spring, NY 10516) – Approximately a 20-minute drive: A picturesque park offering hiking trails, bird-watching opportunities, and stunning views of the Hudson River.
- Storm King Art Center (1 Museum Rd, New Windsor, NY 12553) – Approximately a 30-minute drive: A 500-acre outdoor sculpture park featuring works by internationally renowned artists.
- Breakneck Ridge (Coldspring, NY 10516) – Approximately a 15-minute drive: A challenging hiking trail with breathtaking views of the Hudson Valley, popular among adventurers and nature enthusiasts.
- Fishkill Farms (9 Fishkill Farm Rd, Hopewell Junction, NY 12533) – Approximately a 20-minute drive: A family-owned farm offering apple picking, hayrides, and seasonal events.
- Long Dock Park (8 Long Dock Rd, Beacon, NY 12508) – Less than a 5-minute drive: A scenic riverside park featuring walking trails, picnic areas, and kayak rentals.
- Madam Brett Park (46 Tioronda Ave, Beacon, NY 12508) – Approximately 5-minute drive: A peaceful park with walking trails, a waterfall, and abundant wildlife, suitable for enjoying the natural beauty of the Hudson Valley.
As a wedding photographer with experience capturing the unique beauty of the Roundhouse and the surrounding area, I am well-equipped to document your celebration in a way that highlights the venue’s distinctive charm. My familiarity with the property and its various locations allows me to craft a route for your photo time. In addition, my understanding of the venue’s natural light and architectural features ensures that each image is crafted in my own signature style.
In conclusion, the Roundhouse in Beacon, New York, offers a one-of-a-kind setting for your wedding celebration with its blend of historic elegance and modern design. The venue’s versatile spaces provide the ideal canvas for your unique vision. In addition, the surrounding natural beauty and nearby attractions make it a memorable destination for you and your guests. As an experienced photographer, I am honored to help you document your day at this remarkable location.