I’m often asked “What hotel should I get ready at on our wedding day?” or “Where should we stay for the best getting ready pictures?” I’ve been asked so many times I figured it was about time to write A Guide to NYC Hotels for Wedding Photography for current and prospective wedding clients alike!
New York is a remarkable, incredible place. New York hotel rooms, though? Not always the best. They’re tiny. They often lack charm. And the light? Being jammed against a brick wall next door doesn’t always allow for the most natural light in your room!
When looking for an excellent hotel for getting-ready images, I look for the following:
- Enough space for everyone: If members of your wedding party are getting ready with you, there needs to be room. Not just for people, but for their things: purses, bags, makeup, garment bags, shoe boxes, coats, etc. Imagine how much space people will take up, and then double it.
- Enough room to move stuff out of the way: As mentioned before, people bring things. When it comes time to get dressed, you need enough space to move boxes and suitcases to the side. This is so they don’t show up in your wedding photos.
- Location, location – but don’t let this one consume you: I know everyone wants the closest location to their wedding venue possible. After all, in New York, traffic can be unpredictable at the best of times and a parking lot at worst. Be conscious of your hotel’s location, but don’t let it deter you from choosing a place you really love. As long as you plan for travel time, it’s worth being somewhere you enjoy.
- Avoid on-location getting-ready spaces and conference rooms if possible: Some wedding venues have gorgeous getting-ready suites and spaces on location. But if the prep suite is a closet with no window, you might want to reconsider. Sure, it’s easy, but will you be comfortable there? The same is true for conference rooms in hotels or venues. They might seem big, but do you want to get ready with a huge corporate table in the middle of the room taking up 99% of the space?
- Gorgeous light – or the ability to make gorgeous light: Who doesn’t love a hotel room drenched in glorious sunlight? It’s wonderful to find a space with natural light, but if you find the hotel room of your dreams and it’s dark, don’t worry. We can add light as necessary to ensure your getting-ready images reflect your space’s mood and feel.
- Unique decor: One of the universal themes of many New York hotel rooms is sterility. They’re clean and sharp, sure, but they often have the same welcoming feel as doctors’ offices! Stark-white walls, generic decor, and bland furniture make up many of New York’s biggest hotels. You’re an individual person and your getting-ready experience should be as unique as you are. I find it worth searching out hidden gems and staying away from huge corporate spaces.
- Check-in and check-out times: Consider the hotel’s check-in and check-out times to ensure you have enough time to get ready without feeling rushed.
- Room amenities: Check if the hotel offers amenities such as full-length mirrors, garment steamers, and ample storage for clothing and accessories.
- On-site facilities: Look for hotels with facilities like a spa, salon, or fitness center that can be utilized for relaxation and preparation before the big day.
- Group rates and packages: Inquire about group rates and wedding packages that may offer discounts and additional perks for booking multiple rooms.
- Noise levels and privacy: Choose a hotel that offers a quiet and private space to prepare without disturbances from other guests or hotel activities.
- Accessibility: Ensure the hotel and the rooms are easily accessible for all wedding party members, including those with mobility limitations.
Top NYC Hotels for getting ready on your wedding day
With all that said, here are my favorite hotels in New York. If you don’t see your potential hotel on the list, don’t worry – it could be that I just haven’t explored it yet. And as always, if you have questions or want input on your potential getting-ready space, feel free to contact us!
Also, you can take my word for it, but I highly suggest you do your own research into each of these unique spaces. This will enable you to ensure they fit your needs. After all, the most significant part of choosing a hotel is that YOU love it!
This luxury hotel at 335 Bowery, New York, NY 10003 is on the Lower East Side of the city. It features an exquisite blend of old-world charm and modern amenities. The Penthouse Suite is the largest, offering stunning city views, a spacious living area, and a private terrace, making it a truly unique and beautiful space.
Upon entering the hotel, you’ll be captivated by the exquisite blend of old-world charm and modern sophistication that permeates the atmosphere. The attentive staff ensures a warm welcome and caters to your every need, making you feel like a valued guest throughout your stay.
The hotel’s spacious and thoughtfully designed rooms showcase a mix of vintage and contemporary furnishings, creating a cozy and inviting ambiance. Floor-to-ceiling windows provide stunning views of the bustling cityscape, while plush bedding ensures a restful night’s sleep.
As a guest of The Bowery Hotel, you can also indulge in exceptional on-site dining, savor craft cocktails at the sophisticated bar, or simply unwind in the serene and beautifully curated garden. The Bowery Hotel is truly an oasis in the heart of New York City, offering a unique and memorable stay for discerning travelers.
The Penthouse Suite has a gorgeous balcony with wonderful private city views.
Nestled in Manhattan’s charming West Village neighborhood at 113 Jane Street, The Jane Hotel offers an unforgettable experience for travelers seeking a unique and affordable stay in New York City.
Stepping into the hotel, you’ll immediately be transported back in time as you’re greeted by the stunning historic architecture and captivating maritime-themed decor. The Jane Hotel boasts an intriguing history as a former sailors’ lodge, and this nautical influence is reflected in the design of its compact, yet cozy, cabin-style rooms. These thoughtfully arranged accommodations are equipped with comfortable bedding, storage space, and in-room sinks, while shared bathrooms are conveniently located on each floor.
The hotel also offers larger Captain’s Cabins for those seeking additional space and amenities. During your stay, be sure to explore the hotel’s lively social scene, which includes the iconic Jane Ballroom—a hotspot for stylish gatherings—and the chic Old Rose restaurant, where you can indulge in delicious Italian-inspired cuisine. Staying at The Jane Hotel is a one-of-a-kind experience that truly captures the essence of New York’s vibrant past and present.
Located at 123 Nassau Street in Manhattan’s Financial District, this historic hotel features stunning architecture, including a nine-story atrium. The Turret Penthouses are the most spacious and unique, offering unparalleled city views and beautifully restored 19th-century details.
From the moment you arrive, you’ll be captivated by the hotel’s grandeur, with its beautifully restored nine-story Victorian atrium and ornate cast-iron railings. The Beekman offers an unforgettable experience for guests seeking a luxurious stay steeped in history and elegance. The hotel’s guest rooms and suites are meticulously designed to evoke the opulence of the past while incorporating modern amenities and conveniences. Plush bedding, marble bathrooms, and custom artwork create sophistication and comfort.
During your stay at The Beekman, indulge in the exceptional culinary offerings at the on-site restaurants, such as Temple Court by renowned chef Tom Colicchio, and The Alley Cat, a speakeasy-style lounge perfect for handcrafted cocktails. The Beekman Hotel’s enchanting blend of historic charm and contemporary luxury makes it an ideal destination for travelers seeking an extraordinary stay in the heart of New York City.
The Atrium at the Beekman is a great place to take wedding day photos.
Nestled in the heart of Greenwich Village at 5 W 8th St, The Marlton Hotel is a charming boutique hotel that offers an intimate and luxurious experience for discerning travelers.
The hotel’s historic building, which once served as a residence for renowned writers and artists, has been beautifully restored to showcase its unique character and charm. The guest rooms at The Marlton are thoughtfully designed with a blend of Parisian-inspired decor and modern amenities, creating a cozy and elegant retreat from the bustling city streets. Plush bedding, herringbone wood floors, and brass fixtures come together to evoke a sense of timeless sophistication.
During your stay, be sure to visit the hotel’s stylish restaurant, Margaux, where you can savor seasonal Mediterranean cuisine in a chic, sunlit setting. The Marlton Hotel’s enchanting ambiance and prime location make it a perfect choice for travelers seeking a memorable stay in one of New York City’s most iconic neighborhoods.
Located in Long Island City, this former paper factory has been transformed into a stylish, industrial-chic hotel. While the standard rooms are small, the Penthouse offers a spacious retreat with a private terrace and captivating views of Manhattan.
Situated in the vibrant Lower East Side at 180 Ludlow Street, The Ludlow Hotel offers a stylish and unforgettable stay in one of New York City’s most eclectic neighborhoods. The Ludlow’s vibe is a striking blend of industrial-chic design and warm, inviting accents, creating an atmosphere that feels both modern and cozy.
The Ludlow’s guest rooms and suites are thoughtfully appointed with a mix of vintage and contemporary furnishings, hardwood floors, and floor-to-ceiling windows that provide stunning city views. The plush, comfortable bedding and luxurious marble bathrooms ensure that you’ll feel pampered and relaxed throughout your stay. The Penthouse is an exceptional room for getting ready on your wedding day!
The hotel’s on-site restaurant, Dirty French, offers a delightful culinary experience, serving up classic French cuisine with a modern twist in an exquisitely designed dining room. Additionally, the hotel’s garden patio and cozy lobby bar provide perfect spots to unwind with a handcrafted cocktail or mingle with fellow guests.
The Box House Hotel is a distinctive boutique hotel located in the heart of Greenpoint, Brooklyn, at 77 Box Street. Housed in a converted factory building, the hotel exudes a unique charm that combines industrial elements with contemporary design. Guests can expect an inviting atmosphere, enhanced by the hotel’s eclectic collection of local artwork and vintage furnishings.
One of the standout features of The Box House Hotel is its spacious and stylish loft-style suites, complete with soaring ceilings, hardwood floors, and large windows that flood the rooms with natural light. Many of the suites also offer private terraces with stunning views of the Manhattan skyline. Each accommodation is thoughtfully designed and equipped with modern amenities, such as full kitchens, living areas, and luxurious bathrooms, ensuring a comfortable and enjoyable stay.
During your time at The Box House Hotel, you can take advantage of the on-site fitness center or relax in the hotel’s sauna. The property also features a charming restaurant and bar, Brooklyn Lantern, where you can enjoy contemporary American cuisine in a cozy, intimate setting.
The hotel’s prime location in Greenpoint offers easy access to a variety of local attractions, shops, and eateries, as well as convenient transportation options to explore other parts of Brooklyn and Manhattan. The Box House Hotel’s distinctive character and superb amenities make it a memorable choice for travelers seeking an authentic Brooklyn experience.
Nestled in the NoMad neighborhood, this Art Nouveau-style hotel features unique design elements and a rich history dating back to 1905. The Terrace Suite is the largest, offering a spacious living area and a private terrace with views of the Empire State Building.
The Night Hotel, situated at 132 West 45th Street in the heart of New York City’s Theater District, offers a unique and memorable stay for guests seeking a chic and sophisticated urban retreat. This boutique hotel is well-known for its sleek, contemporary design and dramatic black-and-white color scheme, which creates an intriguing ambiance and sets it apart from other hotels in the area.
Guests of the Night Hotel can choose from a variety of stylish and comfortable accommodations, each thoughtfully designed with modern furnishings, plush bedding, and mood lighting to create a soothing atmosphere. The standout room in the hotel is the Penthouse, which offers a spacious and luxurious experience with upscale amenities and stunning city views.
One of the highlights of the Night Hotel is its prime location in Midtown Manhattan, providing easy access to a wide array of New York City’s most iconic attractions, such as Times Square, Broadway theaters, Rockefeller Center, and Fifth Avenue shopping. The hotel is also conveniently situated near numerous dining options, ranging from casual eateries to fine dining establishments.
Although the Night Hotel does not have an on-site restaurant, it offers guests a complimentary continental breakfast to start the day. The hotel’s friendly and attentive staff are always available to provide personalized recommendations and assist with reservations to ensure guests have an exceptional experience during their stay.
As the oldest continuously operating hotel in New York City, The Sohotel in Little Italy boasts a blend of history and modern design. The Penthouse Suite is the most spacious, featuring a private terrace with skyline views and unique artwork.
The Plaza Hotel, a legendary and luxurious destination, is located at 768 5th Avenue in New York City. It overlooks Central Park and is surrounded by the city’s most prestigious shopping, dining, and cultural attractions. Since its opening in 1907, The Plaza has been synonymous with elegance, grandeur, and world-class service. It attracts celebrities, dignitaries, and discerning travelers from around the globe.
Guests at The Plaza can choose from a range of opulent accommodations, including guest rooms, suites, and the hotel’s famed Legacy Suites. The most impressive and spacious suite is the Royal Plaza Suite, which offers the ultimate in luxury and sophistication. Spanning over 4,400 square feet, the three-bedroom suite features exquisite furnishings, imported Italian linens, and handcrafted décor. Guests can enjoy a grand piano, a formal dining room that seats 12, a fully-equipped kitchen, and stunning views of Fifth Avenue and the Pulitzer Fountain. The suite also includes a private elevator, a personal butler, and exclusive access to The Plaza’s amenities.
The Plaza offers an exceptional array of on-site dining options, including the iconic Palm Court, known for its afternoon tea service and beautiful stained-glass ceiling; The Plaza Food Hall, which features a diverse range of gourmet food offerings; and The Champagne Bar, a sophisticated spot for enjoying fine wines, champagne, and caviar. For those seeking pampering, The Plaza’s Caudalie Vinotherapie Spa and Warren-Tricomi Salon provide indulgent beauty and wellness treatments.
The hotel’s prime location on Fifth Avenue allows guests to easily explore some of New York City’s most iconic attractions. These attractions include Central Park, the Museum of Modern Art, and the Broadway theater district. The Plaza’s legendary status, unparalleled service, and timeless elegance, especially evident in its extraordinary Royal Plaza Suite, make it a must-visit destination for those seeking a truly exceptional New York City experience.
I adore the Royal Plaza Suite at the Plaza!
The Pierre, a Taj Hotel, is a luxurious destination situated at 2 East 61st Street in New York City.
Overlooking Central Park and just steps away from the city’s most prestigious shopping, dining, and cultural attractions, The Pierre has been a symbol of elegance and sophistication since its opening in 1930. Known for its unparalleled service and opulence, the hotel is a preferred choice for celebrities, dignitaries, and discerning travelers.
Guests at The Pierre can choose from a range of lavish accommodations, including guest rooms, suites, and the hotel’s renowned Signature Suites. The most impressive and spacious suite is the Tata Presidential Suite, which offers the ultimate in luxury and refinement. Covering an expansive 1,980 square feet, this two-bedroom suite boasts stunning Central Park views, a spacious living room, a dining room that seats eight, a well-appointed pantry, and an office. The suite is adorned with Murano glass chandeliers, hand-knotted carpets, and museum-quality artwork, providing an exquisite backdrop for an unforgettable stay. Guests of the Tata Presidential Suite also receive personalized butler service and access to The Pierre’s exclusive amenities.
The Pierre offers exceptional on-site dining experiences, including Perrine, a restaurant serving seasonally-inspired modern American cuisine, and the Rotunda, an iconic venue known for its hand-painted murals, signature cocktails, and afternoon tea service. The hotel also features a state-of-the-art fitness center and elegant event spaces designed for hosting weddings, meetings, and social gatherings.
The suites at the Pierre have gorgeous windows with an abundance of natural light.
1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge is a luxurious, eco-conscious hotel located at 60 Furman Street in Brooklyn, New York. Nestled along the East River waterfront and boasting stunning views of the Manhattan skyline, the hotel is designed with sustainability and the local community in mind. Its convenient location provides easy access to Brooklyn Bridge Park, DUMBO, and the vibrant neighborhoods of Brooklyn Heights and Cobble Hill.
Guests at 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge can choose from a range of thoughtfully designed accommodations, including guest rooms, suites, and the hotel’s renowned Riverhouse Suite. The Riverhouse Suite is the largest and most luxurious option, spanning over 2,000 square feet. This two-bedroom suite features a spacious living area, a full dining room, a pantry, and floor-to-ceiling windows that offer breathtaking views of the Manhattan skyline and Brooklyn Bridge. The suite’s design combines reclaimed materials, natural textures, and eco-friendly amenities, reflecting the hotel’s commitment to sustainability while providing a serene and sophisticated retreat.
1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge offers a range of exceptional on-site dining options, including The Osprey, which serves market-driven American comfort food, and Harriet’s Rooftop & Lounge, where guests can enjoy craft cocktails and panoramic views of the city. The hotel also features a state-of-the-art fitness center, a serene spa, and a rooftop plunge pool for relaxation and rejuvenation.
The hotel’s prime location in Brooklyn allows guests to easily explore the surrounding neighborhoods and iconic New York City attractions, such as the Brooklyn Bridge, Brooklyn Museum, and the trendy shops and restaurants of DUMBO. 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge’s commitment to sustainability, exceptional service, and luxurious accommodations, particularly the remarkable Riverhouse Suite, make it an ideal choice for an unforgettable stay in New York City.
The light in the rooms at the 1 Hotel Brooklyn Bridge is just stunning.
The Standard High Line is a modern and stylish hotel located at 848 Washington Street in New York City. Situated in the heart of the trendy Meatpacking District, the hotel is built above the historic High Line park, offering spectacular views of the Hudson River and the surrounding cityscape. Its convenient location provides easy access to the Whitney Museum of American Art, Chelsea Market, and the lively nightlife scene of the Meatpacking District.
Guests at The Standard High Line can choose from a range of sleek and contemporary accommodations, including guest rooms, suites, and the hotel’s renowned Empire Suite. The Empire Suite is the largest and most luxurious option, spanning over 1,000 square feet. This one-bedroom suite features a spacious living area, floor-to-ceiling windows that showcase breathtaking views of the Manhattan skyline, and a freestanding soaking tub that offers the perfect spot to unwind. The suite’s modern design, plush furnishings, and top-of-the-line amenities provide a chic and sophisticated retreat for guests seeking an unforgettable stay in New York City.
The Standard High Line offers a range of exceptional on-site dining and nightlife options, including The Standard Grill, which serves contemporary American cuisine; The Top of the Standard, a sophisticated lounge offering craft cocktails and panoramic views; and Le Bain, a trendy rooftop nightclub with a plunge pool and rotating line-up of DJs. The hotel also features a 24-hour fitness center and an on-site art gallery.
Perched above the High Line park in the Meatpacking District, this hotel is known for its modern design and floor-to-ceiling windows. The Corner King and Hudson Studio rooms offer the best views, showcasing the Hudson River and city skyline.
The Standard’s location makes for a great backdrop for city photos.
This art deco-inspired boutique hotel is located in the heart of Greenwich Village. The most spacious and beautiful rooms include the Waverly Queen, Barrow Queen, Hudson Queen, Walker Terrace, and Greenwich Queen, each offering unique decor and stunning city views.
Situated in the heart of Times Square, this luxury hotel combines historic charm with contemporary design. The Caruso Suite is the largest and most luxurious, featuring a spacious living area and floor-to-ceiling windows with breathtaking views of Times Square.
This charming, Victorian-style boutique hotel in Gramercy offers an intimate and elegant experience. The two-bedroom Garden Suite is the most spacious and unique, featuring a private garden terrace and beautiful period furnishings.
The Gansevoort Meatpacking NYC, situated at 18 9th Avenue, is a stylish and contemporary hotel located in the vibrant Meatpacking District of New York City. Its prime location offers easy access to the High Line park, Chelsea Market, and an array of upscale shops, galleries, and nightlife spots.
Clients staying at the Gansevoort Meatpacking NYC can choose from a variety of luxurious accommodations, ranging from well-appointed guest rooms to lavish suites. The hotel’s most spectacular and spacious suite is the Duplex Penthouse Suite. Spanning over 1,700 square feet, this two-story suite features two bedrooms, two and a half bathrooms, a spacious living room, and a fully equipped kitchenette. Floor-to-ceiling windows in the suite provide breathtaking views of the Hudson River and Manhattan skyline.
One of the standout features of the Duplex Penthouse Suite is its private, landscaped terrace. The 1,200-square-foot outdoor space, complete with a Jacuzzi, offers a unique setting for city-view photos.
The Gansevoort Meatpacking NYC boasts a variety of on-site amenities, including The Chester, an American bistro offering indoor and outdoor dining options, and the Plunge Rooftop Bar + Lounge, which provides a lively atmosphere, specialty cocktails, and panoramic views of the city. The hotel also offers a heated outdoor rooftop pool, a fitness center, and a full-service spa.
The hotel’s sought-after location in the Meatpacking District allows you to explore some of New York City’s most iconic attractions for your wedding photos, such as the High Line park, the Whitney Museum of American Art, and the charming streets of the West Village.
This stylish hotel in the Lower East Side is known for its contemporary design and vibrant atmosphere. The SIXTY Loft is the largest, offering a spacious living area, floor-to-ceiling windows, and a private terrace with captivating views of the city.
Located at 130 West 44th Street in Midtown Manhattan, Chatwal Hotel seamlessly blends New York City glamour and modern sophistication. It was originally designed by Stanford White in 1905 and has been beautifully restored. It provides guests with a luxe retreat amidst the city’s hustle and bustle.
The Chatwal offers stylish accommodations, from well-appointed guest rooms to magnificent suites. The most prestigious suite at the hotel is the Director Suite. Covering 1,200 square feet, this elegant suite features a spacious living room, dining area, a full kitchen, and a separate bedroom with a king-size bed. A stylish design, handcrafted furniture, and state-of-the-art technology make this suite the perfect blend of classic and contemporary.
One of the standout features of the Director Suite is the expansive, 800-square-foot private terrace, offering amazing views of Midtown Manhattan. It serves as an exceptional space for wedding day photos.
In addition to its lavish accommodations, The Chatwal Hotel is home to The Lambs Club, a renowned restaurant helmed by Chef Geoffrey Zakarian. The restaurant’s sophisticated menu showcases modern American cuisine in a refined setting, complete with a cozy fireplace and stunning views of the city.
The Chatwal’s prime location in Midtown Manhattan places you within walking distance of some of the city’s most iconic attractions for photo opportunities. These include Times Square, Broadway theaters, and Fifth Avenue shopping. The hotel also offers on-site amenities, including a fitness center, an indoor saltwater lap pool, and The Chatwal Spa by Kashwére.
The Lowell Hotel, situated at 28 East 63rd Street between Madison and Park Avenues, is a sophisticated boutique hotel located in Manhattan’s exclusive Upper East Side neighborhood. This hotel is known for its discreet luxury and impeccable service, offering guests a serene oasis in the heart of the city.
The Lowell is just a few blocks away from iconic New York City landmarks, such as Central Park, The Metropolitan Museum of Art, The Frick Collection, and Madison Avenue. The hotel’s prime location makes it an ideal choice for couples getting married on the Upper East Side.
The top accommodation at The Lowell is the Penthouse Suite. Spanning over 2,900 square feet, this suite features three bedrooms, each with an en-suite bathroom, a grand living room with a wood-burning fireplace, a dining room that seats up to 12 guests, and a fully equipped kitchen. The suite is decorated with custom furnishings, antiques, and fine art.
One of the highlights of the Penthouse Suite is its landscaped wraparound terrace. Boasting over 1,000 square feet of outdoor space, the terrace offers breathtaking views of the Manhattan skyline.
The Lowell Hotel is also home to the renowned Majorelle restaurant, which serves French-inspired cuisine in a garden-inspired setting. The Club Room and Jacques Bar offer additional dining and lounging options. In addition, the hotel’s fitness center and spa services ensure guests can relax and unwind during their stay.
The Crosby Street Hotel, situated at 79 Crosby Street in the heart of SoHo, is a chic boutique hotel in Manhattan. This stylish hotel offers guests a serene retreat amid the bustling city, known for its unique design, exceptional service, and warm atmosphere.
The Crosby Street Hotel is conveniently located near famous New York City landmarks, such as Washington Square Park, the New Museum, and the vibrant shopping districts of SoHo, NoLita, and the Lower East Side. Its desirable location makes it an excellent choice for clients wanting to photograph near the city’s cultural attractions, trendy boutiques, and art galleries.
My top room recommendation is the Crosby Suite. This massive suite, covering 1,600 square feet, features a large bedroom, an en-suite bathroom with a double vanity and soaking tub, a living room, a dining area that seats up to 10 guests, a fully equipped kitchen, and a guest bathroom.
The Crosby Suite’s key feature is its private terrace. Offering impressive views of the Manhattan skyline, the terrace serves as a remarkable setting for wedding day portraits, first looks, etc.
The Crosby Street Hotel also houses The Crosby Bar and Terrace, which offers delicious cuisine in a relaxed, stylish setting. The hotel’s fitness center, private screening room, and drawing room provide additional amenities for guests during their stay.
This chic hotel in SoHo combines Scandinavian design with a commitment to social consciousness. The Terrace Suite is the largest, offering a spacious living area, floor-to-ceiling windows, and a private terrace with captivating views of the city.
The St. Regis Hotel, situated at 2 East 55th Street in Manhattan, is an iconic luxury hotel. Its refined atmosphere, exceptional service, and timeless elegance make it a top choice for discerning wedding clients.
The St. Regis is conveniently located near famous New York City landmarks, such as Central Park, Rockefeller Center, and the Museum of Modern Art.
My favorite St. Regis suite is the Royal Suite. This large suite, covering 3,430 square feet, features a spacious bedroom, an en-suite bathroom with a deep soaking tub, a stately living room, a formal dining room, a kitchen, and a study.
One of the standout features of the Royal Suite is its floor-to-ceiling windows, which offer stunning views of Fifth Avenue and the city skyline. These windows provide ample natural light but also serve as an ideal backdrop for photographs.
The St. Regis Hotel also houses the King Cole Bar. Here, guests can enjoy expertly crafted cocktails and light fare in a gorgeously old-world setting. It’s a great place to grab a post-wedding or post-rehearsal dinner cocktail!
Staying at the St. Regis also allows you access to extraordinary locations for photos!
At 1 Hotel Central Park, located at 1414 Avenue of the Americas, couples preparing for their wedding in New York City can expect the dreamy green oasis that is the 1 Hotel signature. The hotel’s eco-conscious design and nature-inspired elements are among my favorite in the city – I’d live in the 1 Hotel if I could!
The hotel is conveniently situated near iconic landmarks such as Central Park, ideal for wedding photoshoots, and Carnegie Hall, a popular venue for receptions. Additionally, the Museum of Modern Art is nearby, offering a cultural touch to your wedding weekend.
The Greenhouse Suite and the Park Suite are the largest accommodations at 1 Hotel Central Park. They are ideally suited for getting ready for your wedding day. Both suites provide ample living space, including a master bedroom, a comfortable living room, and a dining area. The Greenhouse Suite, covering 1,985 square feet, also features a full kitchen and a private terrace with views of Manhattan’s skyline. The Park Suite, with its 1,200 square feet, boasts floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking Central Park.
Both suites are designed with reclaimed wood, live plants, and other natural elements. This creates a calming ambiance for you and your wedding party to enjoy. The spacious living area and natural light make these suites an excellent choice for wedding preparations and pre-wedding photos.
Guests can savor farm-to-table cuisine at the on-site restaurant, Jams, or indulge in rejuvenating treatments at the hotel’s spa. Additional amenities include a fitness center, a yoga studio, and eco-friendly services, such as in-room filtered water and sustainable bath products.
Additional New York area hotels I love!
In addition to the above, here are even more NYC area hotels that I recommend and adore:
- The NoMad Hotel: Located in the NoMad neighborhood, this hotel combines European elegance with New York City style. The NoMad Suite is the largest room here.
- The High Line Hotel: Nestled near the High Line park in Chelsea, this historic hotel offers a blend of Gothic architecture and modern design. The Founders Suite is the largest and features a spacious living area and a private garden.
- The Roxy Hotel: Located in Tribeca, this art deco-inspired hotel offers a unique cinematic experience. The Roxy Penthouse is the most spacious, featuring a private terrace.
- The Williamsburg Hotel: This trendy hotel in Brooklyn offers a blend of industrial chic design and modern amenities. The Water Tower Suite is the largest, featuring a spacious living room and unobstructed views of the Manhattan skyline.
- The Refinery Hotel: Located in the Fashion District, this hotel offers a unique blend of industrial design and modern elegance. The Refinery Rooftop Suite is the largest, featuring a private terrace and views of the Empire State Building.
- The William Vale: This modern hotel in Brooklyn offers a chic, urban experience with some views of the Manhattan skyline. The Vale Garden Residence is the largest, featuring a spacious living area, a private terrace, and panoramic city views. I’ve stayed as a guest in this hotel and it’s VERY comfortable!
- The Lotte New York Palace: This iconic luxury hotel in Midtown Manhattan offers a mix of historic charm and modern elegance. The Champagne Suite is the largest, featuring a massive living area, a private terrace, and views of St. Patrick’s Cathedral.
- The Carlyle, A Rosewood Hotel: This Upper East Side hotel offers old-school timeless elegance and exceptional service. The Empire Suite is the largest, boasting a spacious living area and views of Central Park.
- The Ritz-Carlton New York, Central Park: Located just steps from Central Park, this iconic luxury hotel offers refined elegance and exceptional service. The Royal Suite is the biggest, featuring a large living area, a private library, and gorgeous park views.
- The Baccarat Hotel: This luxury hotel in Midtown Manhattan offers a unique blend of French elegance and modern design. The Baccarat Suite is the best, in my opinion.
- The Whitby Hotel: Located in Midtown Manhattan, this boutique hotel has a unique design inspired by contemporary art. The Whitby Suite is the largest, featuring a private terrace with stunning city views.
- The WestHouse Hotel: This boutique hotel in Midtown Manhattan has a blend of Art Deco design and modern luxury. The Terrace Suite is the one I’d recommend!
- The Mark: This luxury hotel on the Upper East Side offers a chic, modern experience. The Mark Penthouse is GORGEOUS, boasting a huge living area, a private terrace, and eye-dropping views of Central Park. They also do an excellent brunch here on the weekends!
- The Langham New York, Fifth Avenue: Located on Fifth Avenue, this luxury hotel features a blend of modern design and timeless elegance. My recommendation here is The Roche Bobois Penthouse Suite
- The Dream Downtown: This modern hotel in Chelsea offers a chic, urban experience with a rooftop pool and high-up views of the Manhattan skyline. The GuestHouse is the largest, featuring a cozy living area, a private terrace, and panoramic city views.
- The Conrad New York Downtown: Located in Battery Park City, this luxury hotel has a modern design. The Conrad Suite is the largest, boasting a living area, a private terrace, and views of the Hudson River.
- The Ace Hotel New York: This trendy hotel in NoMad is decorated in a unique blend of industrial design with modern amenities. The Ace Suite is the largest.
- The James New York – NoMad: This boutique hotel in NoMad features The James Suite, my personal favorite.
- The Kimpton Hotel Eventi: Located in the Chelsea neighborhood, this boutique hotel has the gorgeous Eventi Suite.
- The Wythe Hotel: This industrial-chic hotel in Brooklyn offers a unique blend of historic charm and modern design. The Manhattan Suite is the largest, featuring an enormous sitting area, floor-to-ceiling windows, and great views. As a side note, the weekend brunch here is WONDERFUL.
- The InterContinental New York Barclay: This hotel in Midtown Manhattan has the massive Presidential Suite – which not only has city views, but a private library.
- The Surrey: This luxury hotel on the Upper East Side is a sweet oasis of refined elegance and exceptional service. The Presidential Suite is the largest and coziest!
- The Sherry-Netherland: This old-world luxury hotel on the Upper East Side offers us The Tower Suite, a gorgeous space.
- The Hoxton, Williamsburg: This ultra-trendy hotel in Brooklyn has a gorgeous industrial chic vibe and a great Williamsburg location. The Apartment Suite is the largest!
- The W New York – Times Square: This modern hotel in Times Square offers a chic, urban experience with a rooftop bar and stunning views of the city. The WOW Suite is the largest, featuring a large living room, a private terrace, and panoramic city views. I’ve stayed at the W before, and it’s a super comfortable experience.
- The W New York – Union Square: Located in the heart of Union Square, this luxury hotel is a classic W Hotel through and through. The Extreme WOW Suite is my favorite here!
- The Archer Hotel New York: This boutique hotel in Midtown Manhattan offers up The Archer’s Den, a wonderful suite.
- The Hotel Indigo Lower East Side: This trendy hotel in the Lower East Side has The Penthouse Suite.
- The Kimpton Muse Hotel: Located in the heart of Times Square, this hotel’s Penthouse Suite is the largest, featuring a large living room, a private terrace, and captivating city views.
- The New York Marriott Marquis: This iconic hotel in Times Square is the first hotel I ever stayed in when visiting NYC! While I wasn’t in the Presidential Suite, it was a lovely and cozy hotel to stay.
- The Royalton Park Avenue: Located in NoMad, this luxury hotel has the ultra-gorgeous Empire Suite. I especially love the private terrace!
- The Shelburne Hotel & Suites by Affinia: In the heart of Midtown Manhattan, this boutique hotel combines historic charm with contemporary design. The expansive Empire Suite showcases a generous living space.
- The Smyth, a Thompson Hotel: Nestled in Tribeca, this luxurious hotel merges modern design with ageless sophistication. Its largest suite, the Penthouse, boasts a roomy living area, a private terrace, and skyline views.
With a diverse array of options, these hotels in Manhattan and its neighboring boroughs cater to clients in search of one-of-a-kind accommodations featuring roomy suites, striking views, and elegant design. From chic boutique hotels in Brooklyn to iconic luxury establishments in Midtown Manhattan, there’s a perfect match for every individual taste and preference.